[tex-live] Problem updating with tlmgr

Justin C. Walker justin at mac.com
Sun Sep 21 22:37:12 CEST 2008

Hi, all,

Please CC me on replies (I'm not subscribed).

I tried yesterday to update my TL2008 installation with 'tlmgr'.  The
update "succeeded" (see below), but afterwards, TeXShop complained
that 'pdflatex' was missing.  I then tried to both update and install
that file by name, using 4 different mirrors.  All failed.

Turns out (adding to my list of things learned today) that this is a
symlink to 'pdftex', so the fix appears easy.  I just wonder how many
similar problems are lurking.

Thanks for your replies, in advance, and for the hard work that went
into this distribution.  It's been quite simple to deal with (at least
up until 'pdflatex' went missing :-}).

Justin

--
Justin C. Walker, Curmudgeon-At-Large