[tex-live] fmtutil(-sys) --all reports errors

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sun Sep 21 00:48:22 CEST 2008

Hi Peter,

    But  fmtutil-sys --all reports 13 errors.

Do you have any TEX* environment variables set?

    writing of \input argument without file extention (.tex) in .ini files and
    the behaviour of kpsewhich reporting a binary file in this special cases.

Were you in the actual bin/x86_64-linux directory when fmtutil-sys ran?
That would explain those errors.

But I see no reason why we shouldn't change the .ini file to use the
explicit .tex extensions, so thanks for reporting that.

    May be there is something wrong with my configuration?

fmtutil-sys certainly runs without complaint "usually".  You've done a
lot of debugging and fixing, but it shouldn't have been necessary!  Strange.
I'm afraid I have no immediate idea why the jadetex.fmt build is failing
for you.

karl