[tex-live] Install-TL hanging at TeXlive.infra.win32

Philip TAYLOR P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Sat Sep 13 09:26:38 CEST 2008

The problem has now disappeared.  I removed
all non-essentials from the taskbar notification
area (and hence stopped them running), ran SysInternals
"Filemon" to watch the installation drive in
the hopes of being able to identify the cause
of the hang, and repeated the installation.
On this occasion it got past TeXlive.infra.win32
with no apparent difficulty, although I see from
the log (below) that it was unable to "unlink" it.

** Phil.
--------

Installing: texlive.infra.win32
running post install action for bin-texlive
running post install action for bin-tlpsv.win32
running post install action for texlive-en
running post install action for texlive.infra
running mktexlsr F:/TeX/Live/2008/texmf-dist F:/TeX/Live/2008/texmf
[snip]
pre-generating all format files (fmtutil-sys --all), be patient...done
Can't unlink file F:/TeX/Live/2008/temp/texlive.infra.win32.tar.lzma: Permission
  denied at tlpkg/TeXLive/TLUtils.pm line 667.
Can't remove directory F:/TeX/Live/2008/temp: Directory not empty at tlpkg/TeXLi
ve/TLUtils.pm line 647.
Logfile: F:/TeX/Live/2008/install-tl.log