[tex-live] pdftex LFS bug: on mac too?

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Fri Sep 12 23:01:24 CEST 2008

Hi Axel,

    In 2006, the book ended up as a 55MB PDF; now 84MB (maybe different
    compression of GS 8.53 I had used and GS 8.62 I use now); with Apple
    Distiller, 172MB!

Sorry, no clue, different issue for sure.  Thanks for offering to test
things, as always.

    I tried connecting to

    svn co http://scm.foundry.supelec.fr/svn/pdftex/tests/lfs

    but I couldn't either as anonymous (password email) or leaving the
    fields blank.

I don't know why that would fail, but I haven't checked out the pdftex
source for a while.  Maybe Martin or Thanh can see something quickly in
the above.  Not that the lfs test files there are anything you need to
try now.