[tex-live] tlmgr: permissions on /tmp/texlive.tlpdb.lzma

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Fri Sep 12 22:22:46 CEST 2008

    What role does /tmp/texlive.tlpdb.lzma play?

We download the compressed version, then unpack it and put it in the
texmf hierarchy.  It's not relevant after that.  (I wasn't aware
actually we used /tmp, but I assume that is the story.)  We should
probably at least delete it after we are done if everything was
successful.

Meanwhile, indeed, you can't download as root and then as non-root.
Remove the file if you have such a permission error.

Or so it seems to me ... it's always hard to envision the exact state of
everyone's system from afar.

Best,
karl