[tex-live] texdoc + AR9 on win32

Akira Kakuto kakuto at fuk.kindai.ac.jp
Thu Sep 11 15:35:11 CEST 2008

Hi,

> This doesn't mean that we have understood the problem, so investigation
> and relevant information about the problem is still welcome. For the
> record, the minimal example is:
>
> % wrapper.tlu
> kpse.set_program_name('texlua')
> os.spawn('texlua c:/tmp/program/tlu')
>
> % program.tlu
> os.execute('start c:\\tmp\\file.pdf')
>
> (so, two files, total 3 lines of code). Assume the two files are in
> c:\tmp, file.pdf exists, an AR9 is used by start to open the pdf files.
> Then cd to c:\tmp and type "texlua wrapper.tlu", AR9 starts and crashes.
> (Well, AR8.1 and AA9 too...)

I cannot reproduce the crash on XP.
But it was known that western XP seemed different
than japanese one, so my example may not be helpful...

texlua wrapper.tlu works fine for the following with AR9:

-- wrapper.tlu
kpse.set_program_name('texlua')
command={}
-- both work with and without the next line
command[0]='texlua'
command[1]='texlua'
command[2]='e:/send/program.tlu'
command[3]="e:/send/pic.pdf"