[tex-live] TL: acrotex/acroweb

Manuel Pegourie-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Tue Sep 9 14:07:05 CEST 2008

George N. White III a écrit :
> To me, this is a poor justification.   As long as the package relies on
> capabilities that are documented in the PDF manual, those could be
> implemented in other readers if the demand were there.

Well, but if they aren't...

> To me it is a question of allocating
> scarce resources.

I agree. As I told in my previous mail, I don't think the picture is just
black and white. But given the scale of grey, we tend to allocate the
ressources to the white parts of the picture first. (And of course some
parts are actually black too: some tings are not distributable).

> This does raise a question: what would it take to support 3rd party
> packages in tlmgr.

Apparently, it could be done quite rapidly. This is currently under internal
discussion/development.

Manuel.