[tex-live] TL: acrotex/acroweb

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Tue Sep 9 12:37:05 CEST 2008

Philip TAYLOR a écrit :
> Isn't the same true for all the Win-32 stuff into
> which we are putting so much effort ?

Honestly, no.

> add "must not depend on non-libre software" to its

IMO, but maybe it's not the view of the whole team, the true condition
is "should not essentially depend on non-free software."  And all is not
black or white, but when something is already dark grey because it
depends in an essential on non-free stuff (I'd maybe not say black at
once, since Acroread is quite wide-spread indeed), if moreover it's
particularly difficult to install... you get the idea.

> already long list of conditions

It may be long, but a full TL install nonetheless takes 1.6G of disk
space...

> that must be met
> before inclusion, then it may as well declare
> itself a Unix/Linux/GNU-only distribution and be
> done with it.

Can we make free software for windows? This is probably not the
appropriate list for such a question...

Manuel.