[tex-live] 1.929

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Mon Sep 8 00:05:40 CEST 2008

Dr. Clea F. Rees <cfrees at imapmail.org> wrote:

> But the fontinst.tlpobj does contain the version number of the package
> (as well as the svn revision number), correct? If so, it should  be
> 1.927 rather than 1.928 to avoid confusion.

sure.  that number arises from the catalogue.  the catalogue covers the
state of ctan, but tex live is supposed to be in step with ctan.
somehow the change to ctan (and hence the catalogue) happened without
the tex live people noticing.

> Of course, if it will be updated soon anyway,, this ma not really
> matter...

we can but hope.  someone seems to have been asked to sort out what lars
thinks we ought to hold one on ctan.  once we have that, someone can
analyse what tex live actually holds, and provide a "dummy" for them to
start from.