[tex-live] TLMGR does not identify F:\TeX\Ac.Uk with F:/TeX/Ac.Uk

Philip TAYLOR P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Fri Sep 5 21:48:19 CEST 2008

Worried that TLMGR kept warning me that I was
trying to update from other than the install
location, I finally tracked it down to a failure
to recognise the identity relationship between
F:/TeX/Ac.Uk & F:\TeX\Ac.Uk.  Transcript follows :

> C:\Documents and Settings\Chaa006>tlmgr --location F:\TeX\Ac.Uk update --list
> root=F:\TeX\Ac.Uk, root_from_path=F:/TeX/Ac.Uk
> Initialisation from different location as originally given.
> Hope you are sure!
>
> C:\Documents and Settings\Chaa006>tlmgr --location F:/TeX/Ac.Uk update --list
>
> C:\Documents and Settings\Chaa006>

** Phil.