[tex-live] TL-Announce ?

Philip TAYLOR P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Thu Sep 4 17:16:51 CEST 2008

Dear Colleagues -- Is there a (presumably low-volume)
TL-Announce list on which changes to the TeX Live kit
at CTAN is announced ?  I would like to ensure that my
local (Rsync'd) copy is kept up-to-date, but don't
want to run Rsync unless I know there is something new
to fetch ...

And an unrelated (really, CTAN) question : what is the
recommended set of parameters to Rsync in order to keep
a local copy up-to-date, whilst only reporting what
has actually been modified ?  After experimenting, I am
currently using

	Rsync rsync://rsync.tex.ac.uk/CTAN/systems/texlive/tlnet/2008/ . -r -t --stats -q -i

but in the absence of any TL updates I cannot prove
that it works !

Philip Taylor