[tex-live] How can I add a font dir for fontconfig

Fengnan Gao fnsteed at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 3 15:26:41 CEST 2008

Hi

I have a directory in which I have all my extra fonts. I want to use these fonts in XeTeX easily so I must "fc-cache" them.

When I was using MiKTeX, it had a localfonts.conf in c:\users\fnsteed\AppData\local\MiKTeX\2.7\fontconfig\config( I am using Vista). This localfonts.conf (Please refer to Michel Goossens's The XeTeX companion )contains information about where fc-cache goes and finds fonts. Does TL 2008 have some file which plays the same role?

Thanks!

Cheers;

  Fengnan <fnsteed at hotmail.com>