[tex-live] texdoc error

Fengnan Gao fnsteed at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 1 12:09:19 CEST 2008

From: "Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard" <mpg at elzevir.fr>
Sent: Monday, September 01, 2008 5:32 PM
To: "Philip TAYLOR (Ret'd)" <P.Taylor at rhul.ac.uk>
Cc: "Fengnan Gao" <fnsteed at hotmail.com>; <tex-live at tug.org>
Subject: Re: [tex-live] texdoc error

> Hmm. Can you please try lauching
>
> start "" "c:\path\to\minitoc.pdf"
>
> in a cmd window and see it the same problem happens? Cause that's what
> texdoc
> is doing (try texdoc -v minitoc to confirm) and AFAIK it's the recommended
> way
> of openning documents on windows. At least, it worked when I did tests.

Well, it seems to me that the case is if the current directory is
"c:\users\xxx\"
then I use "start some-pdf.pdf", which is in "c:\users\xxx\", it works fine.
Acrobat
is called and pdf is opened. However if I type "start
c:\users\xxx\some-pdf.pdf" which
is exactly the same file, the cmd window just pop up another cmd window and
does nothing.
I don't know what is going on there.

Cheers;

  Fengnan <fnsteed at hotmail.com>