[tex-live] minor problems with install-tl

Werner LEMBERG wl at gnu.org
Wed Oct 29 07:34:11 CET 2008

> Norbert, you don't have to go so far away.  If you like adventures,
> come to Germany and enjoy the German railway system.  Unfortunately
> it's extremely expensive.

You are extremely exaggerating.  I use the German trails almost daily
for longer trips, and it works very well most of the time.  The
greatest problems are `Langsamfahrstrecken' (paths which have to be
passed in a slow tempo) which get more and more during the year,
causing delays over delays.  Reason is that the German railway
management didn't take care of the railway network for many, many
years, and now fixes are overdue, and before this happens the
governmental railway department limits the tempo for security reasons.
As soon as the new time table appears (in December and June), most of
those delays disappear because the new schedule handles those
Langsamfahrstrecken appropriately.

    Werner