[tex-live] minor problems with install-tl

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Tue Oct 28 12:47:47 CET 2008

On Di, 28 Okt 2008, Robin Fairbairns wrote:
> ha!  at least italy seems (vaguely) to believe in trains.  we have an

Vaguely is the key word.

> insane govt which seems to believe that flying is better than train
> travel, and that ticket prices should be used to regulate crowding on
> trains.

The Italian govt instead regulates by local trains which are just plain
broken. The high speed connections IC type are good and clean, the local
trains a pain. But anyway, I don't mind ;-)

> (of course, with the credit crunch, soon no-one will be able to borrow
> enough to go by train at these prices, which will solve the
> overcrowding.)

Whom do you tell, Cambridge, Cardiff, I have been in several places in
the last month, and going there and back in the OffPeak time is the only
way to get decent prizes. Considering that for OffPeak from Cardiff you
need to leave at around 5, this *is* a pain.

Anyway, still I love trains much more than planes, esp because I am
close to 2m tall, which makes me fit into these chairs quite
uncomfortably.

Best wishes

Norbert

Arthur's consciousness approached his body as from a great
distance, and reluctantly. It had had some bad times in
there. Slowly, nervously, it entered and settled down into
its accustomed position.
Arthur sat up.
`Where am I?' he said.
`Lord's Cricket Ground,' said Ford.
`Fine,' said Arthur, and his consciousness stepped out
again for a quick breather. His body flopped back on the
grass.
                 --- Arthur coping with his return to Earth as best as he
                 --- could.