[tex-live] Proxy info for install-tl?

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Wed Oct 22 19:10:10 CEST 2008

    Do I need to specify our proxy somewhere,

Well, it's going to depend on how your network is set up.
If you can't wget any url directly, then clearly you have to do
something special.

But perhaps it is just about mirror.ctan.org's redirect being clobbered
by your firewall or whatever, in which case it would work to try a
particular mirror's url directly.  http://www.ctan.org/mirrors has the
list; choose one close to you, then use
  install-tl -location http://whatever/whatever

    or is just how things go (overloaded, etc) ?

No, it should work.

    install-tl:cairo> ./install-tl -v -v -v -v

FYI, only -v and -v -v make a difference; we don't plan to ever have
more levels of verbosity.

karl