[tex-live] tlmgr query

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Mon Oct 13 12:19:42 CEST 2008

On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 3:15 AM, Norbert Preining <preining at logic.at> wrote:
> On So, 12 Okt 2008, Victor Ivrii wrote:
>> > We don't remove these packages because that could be local packages (I
>> > can create my own repository for our department with commercial fonts).
>>
>> Does it mean that these packages form a separate collection residing on
>> http//myserver.mydomain.org/myrepository
>
> Yes.
>

>> and they are installed-updated-removed while running
>>
>> tlmgr --location=http//myserver.mydomain.org/myrepository update --all
>
> Yes.
>
>> and then they will be listed if tlmgr with
>>
>> tlmgr --location=http//myserver.mydomain.org/myrepository list
>
> Yes and no.
>
>> while without such --location they will not be touched/listed?
>
> Well, some operations of tlmgr only work on the local database. Listing
> for example a package that is locally installed will not access the
> network, so yes, it will belisted.

I am confused, I assume that we are talking about network, albeit LAN:
You set the repository for Dept members multiple computers, with the
idea to add to their installations collection-private, right?

Anyway, at this moment it seems to be theoretical, since
package-packer s/w and/or instructions have not been released to
general public, right?