[tex-live] texdoctk

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 14:53:56 CEST 2008

On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 8:22 AM, Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard <mpg at elzevir.fr> wrote:
> Victor Ivrii a écrit :
>> However I meant (but my fingers lived by their own lives :-)
>>
>> texdoctk
>>
> It's no more maintained, but the database is supposed to be maintained
> (by me). So if you notice a "link" to a non-existent file, I will fix
> it, but little more. (Easy bugs can be fixed too.)
>
> I'll make a GUI version of texdoc some day, but probably starting from
> scratch because texdoctk doesn't look so maintainable to me.
>
> Manuel.

The beauty of texdoctk is that it points to the nice inner library. I
was giving demo to grads two days ago and ..

1) Search did not find amsmath
2) Chapter "Guides And Tutorials" contains no wrong links; there is a
complain that CTAN.sites is an unknown extension. It would be nice to
have it html with all the links
3) Chapter "Fundamentals" contains no wrong links but texlive is
needed (tetex is here
4) Chapters "Macro programming" and "Accessory programs" contain no bad links.

More to follow later (there was some not found link and I will find it again)

Victor