[tex-live] perl script to install a postscript font into texlive2008

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Mon Oct 6 01:52:46 CEST 2008

ivo welch <ivo.welch at brown.edu> wrote:

> has anyone created a (perl or other) script that
> installs a postscript font into texlive (2008)?  I have tried to follow
> two different installation instructions on the web (which is probably
> what screwed me up), but so far no cigar.

as you've been told on c.t.t (i think it was), if the answer were
simple, such a script would already have been written.

font installation (for use with dvips/pdftex/dvipdfm) is pretty
nightmarish, and the matter's rendered worse by the file naming issue
(you *really* don't want to use a font foundry's name for a pfb file,
and you've already been told the value of using the standard berry
scheme).

robin