[tex-live] tlmgr testing

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Sun Oct 5 14:34:07 CEST 2008

On Sun, Oct 5, 2008 at 7:36 AM, Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard <mpg at elzevir.fr> wrote:
> Victor Ivrii a écrit :
>> On Fri, Oct 3, 2008 at 6:46 AM, Peter Ragosch <peter.ragosch at t-online.de> wrote:
>>> But I'm missing actually output of texdoc tlmgr.
>
> I guess it is related to:
>
> On Fr, 03 Okt 2008, Victor Ivrii wrote:
>> !!!Error: non-existent texmf/doc/man/man1/tlmgr.pdf
>
> Is the file actually here in your installation? If not, texdoc can't
> find it...
>
> Manuel.

No, this was different and actually welcomed feature:

Sometimes repackaging goes wrong: in this case no docs came with
bin-texlive, with pax at some moment came wrong symlink.

When repackaging was fixed tlmgr => 10829 reported an error and fixed
it (in both cases) but in the second case standard 10392 neither
reported nor fixed it

Victor