[tex-live] tlmgr testing

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Fri Oct 3 15:02:50 CEST 2008

On Fri, 03 Oct 2008, Victor Ivrii wrote:
> update: bin-texlive (10817 -> 10829) ... !!!Error: non-existent
> texmf/doc/man/man1/tlmgr.1
> !!!Error: non-existent texmf/doc/man/man1/tlmgr.pdf

That is strange, because it has been included since long time.

Do you have "docfiles" installation disabled?

But still, if the file is listed in your tlpdb, it should be there???

Any tinkering done on your side?

> !!!Error: non-existent tlpkg/doc/repository-setup.txt
> !!!Error: non-existent tlpkg/doc/tnc_config.vbs

That OTOH again points to a problem with the tar invocation, because
repository-setup.txt was only added recently, so it could not be in your
package till now.

Bummer, why???

I will investigate ... only problem I am on a train without power
source, those English trains are sooooooooo bad, on the continent most
trains nowadays have one power outlet for 1-2 places. Argggg.

Best wishes

Norbert