[tex-live] tlmgr testing

Philip TAYLOR (Ret'd) P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Fri Oct 3 10:07:31 CEST 2008

Karl Berry wrote:
>     > 12many cannot be found in ftp://tug.org/texlive/tlcritical
>
> That is normal.  (Sorry, I forgot to mention that.)  But after the
> update, the next tlmgr update should not display all those messages for
> the non-critical packages.  That is one of the changes we made since the
> initial release.

OK, but suppose that the master repository were to lose
some or all of the packages that are not in Scheme: minimal;
would the new TLMGR then tacitly overlook that, and not
inform the user ?

and Manuel Pegourie-Gonnard wrote :

> Well, the message may be confusing. The file is
>
> c:\path\ot\texlive\tlpkg\installer\updater.bat

OK, that should definitely be clarified (changed) before
this version of TLMGR is released to the great unwashed.

> and usually, a shortcut to this file is created on your desktop for your
> convenience.

Please leave my desktop alone :-)

> (Of course all this is windows-specific, on other systems you can
> overwrite opened files...)

Gawd 'elp us !

** Phil.