[tex-live] What is setting PERL5LIB ?

George N. White III gnwiii at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 02:16:34 CEST 2008

On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 5:48 PM, Philip TAYLOR <P.Taylor at rhul.ac.uk> wrote:

> Still getting hangs at the end of every
> attempt to reinstall TeX Live 2008, and
> although I thought I had eliminated all
> traces of TeX Live 2007 (in terms of the
> environment), I keep finding PERL5LIB
> getting set, even though
>
>        Right-click My Computer
>                Properties
>                                Environment Variables
>
> does not list it.  It shews up, however,
> from a CMD prompt SET, and PCWizard 2008
> sees it as well.  It is not coming from
> Autoexec.NT.  Can anyone suggest what
> might be setting it ?
>
> The current value is
>
>        PERL5LIB :
>  F:\TeX\Live\2007\perltl\lib;F:\TeX\Live\2007\perltl\site\lib

Environment variables can be set by scripts or from the
registry.   You could use regedit to make sure it is not coming
from the registry (e.g., if you find a setting, change the name
to "REG_PERL5LIB" so you can know where it came from).
You can also try using the normal mechanism to force it to
a value that will work for TL2008.

Head of St. Margarets Bay, Nova Scotia