[tex-live] minor build/install problems with 20080816

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Thu Oct 2 01:20:58 CEST 2008

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the patches.

    problem was a link command that didn't use $LDFLAGS.

I wonder if the original freetype is still being maintained (to push the
change upstream).  Werner?

    Is this expected?  Should I be doing something other than "make check"
    for testing?

I'm afraid make check doesn't do anything useful.  That is, although I
long ago wrote a few commands for the check target, since they depends
on having the formats built, and the formats can't be easily built out
of the dev hier these days ... building the formats is a much better
test than the actual make check commands, anyway :).

All I can suggest is to take your binary directory and put it into an
installed hierarchy, and see if it works.  I wrote a few small tips at
http://tug.org/texlive/build.html#deploy.

Thanks,
Karl