[tex-live] Include avm.sty (lingtrees)

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Wed Oct 1 16:34:40 CEST 2008

On Di, 30 Sep 2008, Hendrik Maryns wrote:
> I ask here to include the package avm.sty, which is in the lingtrees
> bundle to be included in TeXlive.

Lingtrees could be included, there is only one problem, avm.sty we
cannot since it lacks any license statement.

>From avm.sty in CTAN/macros/latex/contrib/LingTrees/CDM:
% avm.sty  --  for attribute-value matrices -- v 1.00 mar 29, 1992
% v 1.01 dec 6, 1993; v 1.02 jan 5, 2006
% (c) 1992 christopher manning (manning at csli.stanford.edu) -- see avm-doc.tex

but there is no avm-doc.tex around on CTAN.

So we cannot distribute it without anyone hunting down the author, askin
him to upload a new version with license statement, etc.

> work using it), so my real question would be: could you enhance the
> tlmgr to be able to install any package found on CTAN?

No.

If you want to contribute to write a general
	CTAN->TDS
converter (we have one, but it is handwork for every package added one
by one) please tell us and we will show you what we have ATM.

Best wishes

Norbert