[tex-live] TEXMFLOCAL

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sat Nov 22 02:16:29 CET 2008

Hi Lars,

    No i instructed the installer to install in the same directory as I was
    installing from, basically telling it that the installation dir is .

In case of continuing problems, I suggest specifying the absolute path
to . rather than ".".  I at least have never tested specifying relative
paths to the installer.

    Tough on my system I'd actually like texmf-local to be in 2008/, we use
    our own texmf tree for local stuff that.

You can explicitly set the texmf-local location in the <d>irectory menu,
but then you likely already knew that.

Best,
Karl