[tex-live] smaller.sty

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Mon Nov 17 08:56:19 CET 2008

Karl Berry <karl at freefriends.org> wrote:

>     Just wondering if there's any reason smaller.sty is included in TL
>
> It's only included as part of epslatex-fr, not on its own.
>
>     On the other hand, these are not flagged as superseded but not included
>     either:
>  	resumemac
>  	varisize
>
> Well, I guess I have nothing against them, but there are a lot of other
> more recent attempts at resumes and font size stuff in plain now.  I
> can't say I know of anything that exactly supersedes them, either.  Hmm.
> I'll think about it.

i can't say about resumemac (i'd not registered _any_ other plain resume
things, which doesn't necessarily mean there aren't any).

however, i would say that varisize is a reasonable choice for the user
who wants different sizes, but not font changes.  there are i think as
many questions about that situation as about the full blown fss that the
other packages provide.  fwiw, i list the thing in the faq.