[tex-live] Rsync, a different question

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Tue Nov 11 20:11:33 CET 2008

On Di, 11 Nov 2008, Wolfgang Fleischer wrote:
> A more general question: It is a great achievment to have the upgrade
> possibility with tlmgr but does TeX Live really need daily or more
> fequently updates?

It is all automatic. If there is a new version of a package on CTAN, it
will (manually, or better semi-automatic) merged into TeX Live. From
there on the rest is automated, generation of packages, push out to CTAN
etc.

Need? I am sure there is no need for daily updates. But we leave that to
the user, he can update once a week, once a month, once a year, whenever
he feels like it.

Best wishes

Norbert