[tex-live] wsuipa confusion? tableaux package

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sun Nov 9 02:07:25 CET 2008

    for reasons i don't understand, there's a separate package "ipa" for
    ipa.sty (and a .fd file) while the fonts, generic macros, and
    ipalmacs.sty are in the wsuipa package.

    does anyone know why this is so?

No idea.  No *ipa issues have arisen in my time.
But if they were created by different people, it makes sense they are
separate packages.

    2.  i noticed that the tableaux package had been withdrawn.  i went back
    to the original upload (2002 -- i created the xml in 2005, without
    reference the upload, it would seem), and found that its author claimed
    it was lppl.  i've done some feeble translations of the upload
    description, and updated the catalogue.

Ok, good.

    it's not a terribly tidy package, but i believe it should be allowed to
    live in tl.

Apparently it also generates a warning with current pstricks, but since
it's said to be only a warning, I'll reinstate it.

http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=429813  (see about
halfway down).

Thanks,
Karl