[tex-live] Reporting problem as requested by tlmgr

Marco Pessotto melmothx at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 11:56:19 CET 2008

Hi Norbert, answers follow inline.

Norbert Preining <preining at logic.at> writes:

> Hi Marco,
>
> On Mo, 03 Nov 2008, Marco Pessotto wrote:
>> skipping forcibly removed package chembst (collection-bibtexextra)
>
> did you do that? Did you remove the chembst package with
> 	tlmgr remove --force chembst
> ?

No, I did not

>> tlmgr: should not happen, please report: fontinst.i386-linux mentioned, but neither new nor forcibly removed
>
> Can you please send me your ROOT/tlpkg/texlive.tlpdb (please compress it
> first).

Sure, see
http://www.filetor.org/get.php?id=624&name=texlive.tlpdb.zip

>> skipping forcibly removed package gene-logic (collection-science)
>
> Same as above, did you remove it?

No, I did not

>> hyphen-greek: local revision (11160) is newer than revision in http://mirror.ctan.org/systems/texlive/tlnet/2008 (9400), not updating.
>
> How comes that? Do you use some other sources for TeX Live packages?

No, I did not, all is set to default

>> skipping forcibly removed package isomath (collection-mathextra)
>
> Again as above.

No, I did not

>> texlive-common: local revision (11159) is newer than revision in http://mirror.ctan.org/systems/texlive/tlnet/2008 (10069), not updating.
>
> Huuuu...

As above

>> skipping forcibly removed package xelibertine (collection-xetex)
>
> Again remove --force ?

No I did not

> Do all these message persist after updating to the latest packages from
> tlnet/2008?

Yes, these message persist.

The procedure was: install from DVD, upgrade the tlmgr as described in
the web page, and tlmgr update --all, as suggested. Nothing more,
nothing less.

I'll say also that the message  "is newer than revision" does *not*
appear each time. I think that the mirrors are not synced. My source
is  http://mirror.ctan.org/systems/texlive/tlnet/2008 which probably
give me a random mirror. However, the following message is persistent:

texlive at universe:~$ tlmgr update --list
tlmgr: installation location http://mirror.ctan.org/systems/texlive/tlnet/2008
skipping forcibly removed package chembst (collection-bibtexextra)

tlmgr: should not happen, please report: fontinst.i386-linux mentioned, but neither new nor forcibly removed
skipping forcibly removed package gene-logic (collection-science)
skipping forcibly removed package isomath (collection-mathextra)
skipping forcibly removed package xelibertine (collection-xetex)
texlive at universe:~$

Maybe is not important, but I installed it in /opt/texlive/2008 as user
texlive, to avoid the abuse of root.

Don't hesitate to contact me if you need a tester

Regards
Marco