[tex-live] A graphicx and xetex.def problem

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Tue May 27 15:03:47 CEST 2008

Martin Schröder scripsit (27.05.2008 11:11)
> 2008/5/27 Joanna Ryćko <typoagrafka at gmail.com>:
> Thanks; it got deleted in r7976:
> r7976 | mpg | 2008-05-09 10:54:33 +0200 (Fri, 09 May 2008) | 1 line
> Changed paths:
> [...]
>    D /trunk/Master/texmf-dist/tex/xelatex/graphics/xetex.def
>
> graphics update from latex-tds (with xetex.def)

OMG, again this stupid mistake: I misread the pre-commit log and thought it
was /added/, not deleted...  I wouldn't have commited this change.  Sorry.  (I
already changed the output of the script so that I can no more do this
mistake, which caused me some trouble a few times.)

I manually restored the file (r8362).  I also added a warning in our update
scripts that we should treat xetex.def as an independent file, not part of the
graphics bundle (though its package-level directory is 'graphics'), so that
the problem won't happen any more.

> It's not on CTAN, btw. Johnathan?

I guess the problem is that the natural place of xetex.def would be in
graphics, which is part of the tools bundle maintained by the L3 team, but it
makes more sense to have this file maintained by Jonathan.  Anyway, I would be
happier if the file could have a place on CTAN.

Manuel.