[tex-live] Package documentation

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Sat Mar 29 02:18:20 CET 2008

Hi,

Karl Berry a écrit :
> Now, about documentation information -- please look at
> Master/tlpkg/texlive.tlpdb.  It already has all the documentation files
> in TL, along with the "details" of the Catalogue XML entries, including
> language information in a few cases.  We wouldn't want to have a
> separate "documentation database"; if there are insufficiencies, they
> should be dealt with in tlpdb.

I just looked at it. It looks great. Seems to contain lot of information. By
the way, when I was talking about a "documentation database", I didn't think
of something really independent, but rather a file automatically derived from
something like the catalogue sources or tlpdb, just for convenience: I don't
know if scanning a 96000 lines long file at each texdoc run would be very
effective.

> When it comes time to actually program anything about texdoc, it would
> be highly desirable to start with Frank's Lua version.

Sure.

> Also, I should mention texdoctk already has a "database" file
> (texdoctk.dat) which has the info about many packages.  I am not sure if
> it has anything the Catalogue doesn't.

Thanks for the info. I'll look at it too.

Best,
Manuel.