[tex-live] xindy now in build

Vladimir Volovich vvv at vsu.ru
Tue Mar 25 17:04:20 CET 2008

"JS" == Joachim Schrod writes:

 JS> Yes, I do so because building external modules with dynamic ffi
 JS> does not work in many binary CLISP installations. Some of them
 JS> don't come with dynamic ffi at all, for a starter. Therefore I
 JS> went the safe route and included CLISP completely.

configure in texlive tests for presence of dynamic ffi, and shows a
proper error if it is not found. in which case user can build the same
clisp-2.43 or any other version from source and supply the
--with-clisp=PATH option. this reduces the size of xindy source
distribution by 48 Mb, and in fact gives users more choice.

 JS> But, as I wrote, this will be mood in the future.

great.

Best,
v.