[tex-live] texlive-xetex and accents bug

Ralf Stubner ralf.stubner at web.de
Mon Jun 30 21:06:40 CEST 2008

"Meho R." <meho_r at yahoo.com> writes:

> I noticed a bug in texlive-xetex package that is shipped with Ubuntu 8.04
> (texlive-xetex 2007.dfsg.1-2), but today I noticed that this exists in openSUSE
> 11's package too (texlive-xetex 2007-177.1). I reported this at:
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/224787

As Norbert noted there, the bug in Ubuntu will be fixed if/when Ubuntu
upgrades to a newer version of texlive-xetex.

> "Ujûnul-nul-eser" instead of "Ujûnul-eser". Jonathan said that this was a bug
> that was fixed around August 20, 2007, but it seems that it is still present in
> Hardy version of texlive-xetex. Choice of font doesn't influence the result, it
> is same for .otf, .ttf, pfb. Plain LaTeX hasn't this problem.
>
> Note that in Debian Sid's repo (texlive-xetex 2007.dfsg.1-2) this bug was
> corrected.

Jonathan's patch has been included in Debian. From the changelog:

   * TeX Live 2007.2 release incorporation: fixes for xetex and xdvipdfmx,
     new patches tl2007.2-xetex and tl2007.2-xdvipdfmx
     (adapted from Jonathan Kew's original patches to work with
     poppler)

Version 2007.dfsg.1-3 including this fix was released on 2008-04-20.
To late for Ubuntu 8.04 ...

cheerio
ralf