[tex-live] TeXlive-doc needed, please help

Glenn Todd Miller gmiller at cfa.harvard.edu
Mon Jun 30 17:32:47 CEST 2008

Thanks for all the help with getting the pdfs. I am currently following the recommendation of Zdenek Wagner, which was a 'wget' command that he specified as:

wget -r -k -np -L -l 1 -N -p http://www.tug.org/texlive/Contents/live/doc.html

It is working just fine.  The texlive-doc-2007-30.fc9.i386.rpm
had a bunch of dependencies on things like Perl(Tk), I suppose for some document searching tools so that users can find docs easier.  I do not need the tools, I just needed the documents (either pdf or dvi is fine). I think that for each package/sty included in the distribution, there should be the corresponding document (dvi or pdf or both) for the included package. I was surprised that Fedora 9 included TeXLive without including the doc directories.  Well thanks again for all the help, and the speedy responses. Long live TeX/LaTeX!!!