[tex-live] Bugs in install-tl for win32

Siep Kroonenberg siepo at cybercomm.nl
Mon Jun 30 11:52:30 CEST 2008

On Sat, Jun 28, 2008 at 11:06:08AM +0200, Siep Kroonenberg wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 28, 2008 at 01:23:14AM +0200, Staszek Wawrykiewicz wrote:
> > On Fri, 27 Jun 2008, Dan Luecking wrote:
> >
> > > I have done some additional testing of install-tl for WIN32.
> >
> > Many thanks for your tests and notes.
> >
> > > [...]
> >
> > > - There is a second serious bug: Uninstalling TeXLive did not undo
> > >    those registry changes. I took me quite some effort to determine
> > >    how to change them back.
> >
> > Thanks for noticing that. Siep, would you please remove also registry
> > key for psv when uninstalling?
>
> That still wouldn't restore the original file association with
> gsview, although users could do that by reinstalling gsview. Trying
> to restore a previous file association would be messy. It would be
> better to make the psview file association an install option.

I have temporarily commented out the psview file associations
altogether. Users have a several alternatives anyway for viewing a
PostScript file with psview: opening the file from within psview, or
drag-and-drop, configuration from within a latex-aware editor (the
same is true for gsview).

Proper removal code would also have to check whether it is still the
original file association, and not a later override from gsview.

--
Siep Kroonenberg