[tex-live] TeX Live 2008 testing - problems downloading

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Mon Jun 30 00:26:22 CEST 2008

Reinhard Kotucha wrote:
> Karl Berry writes:
>  >     It's also required that there is something in the config file to
>  >     change.  If you want support for Context then it's necessary that
>  >
>  > I don't see why that needs to be "required".
>
> I need a hook in the file in order to put code into it.  I suppose
> that \setuppapersize is only allowed between \input context.tex and
> \loaduserspecifications.  I could use "\loaduserspecifications" as a
> hook and prepend \setuppapersize to it, but I'd like to hear Hans'
> opinion first.

Wrong file. Do not touch cont-en.tex, please. The correct file
for system-wide configuration is cont-sys.tex, and the distribution
contains an example of such a file for you to rename & edit (the
distribution will never ever contain an astual cont-sys.tex itself).
The example file is tex/context/user/cont-sys.rme, and the canonical
location for cont-sys.tex is that same directory.

Cont-sys is loaded at runtime, so there is no need to regenerate the
context formats after creating it, just mktexlsr is sufficient.

Best wishes,
Taco