[tex-live] TeX Live 2008 testing - problems downloading

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Sun Jun 29 21:12:15 CEST 2008

Mojca Miklavec writes:
 > On Sun, Jun 29, 2008 at 2:21 PM, George N. White III wrote:
 > >
 > > $ ./install-tl -gui -url http://localhost/tlnet/tldev
 > >
 > > This worked, and xetex is creating pdf's with letter paper,
 > > but now context is creating a4 pdf's (perhaps my fault, as
 > > I put the 2008.06.11 version in texmf-local).
 >
 > ConTeXt is ignoring most of TeX-live configuration. Even if you enable
 > Sanskrit hyphenation pattterns in TeX Live, you cannot use them with
 > ConTeXt without adding support to ConTeXt itself.
 >
 > If you need letter paper by default and do not want to \setuppapersize
 > in each document, put
 >     \setuppapersize[letter][letter]
 > into cont-usr.tex.
 >
 > TeX Live doesn't set that for you automatically. One of the reasons
 > might be that it's [...]

Hi Mojca,
no, the reason is that the code we currently have does the same as
Thomas' texconfig script.  Context paper sizes had never been
supported there.  I don't know why, but I suppose that Thomas
discussed it with Hans already.

It's also required that there is something in the config file to
change.  If you want support for Context then it's necessary that
there is the line

     \setuppapersize[a4][a4]

in cont-en.tex already.  This should better be done in the Context
distribution, otherwise it's too likely that it gets lost during the
next update.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25