[tex-live] Bugs in install-tl for win32

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sun Jun 29 02:06:22 CEST 2008

     >   np>
     >   Karl: What about when we build the .tar.lzma that we somehow try to
     >   follow symlinks for all but files under bin/?

Better to avoid all such symlinks in the first place.
Yes, the symlinks in bin must be preserved.

    rk>
    $ cat texmf/doc/man/man1/getnonfreefonts-sys.1
    .so man1/getnonfreefonts.1

Excellent.

    I assume that the changes have to be done in the Build tree.

It is not necessary (and would involve much too much changes to upstream
files I think).  There is nothing automated that does that update
anyway, and I can adjust my semi-automated checking scripts, etc., to
account for this case.

So please just replace the man symlinks in texmf/ with the one-line .so
files.

Thanks.