[tex-live] TeX Live 2008 testing - problems downloading

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Sun Jun 29 14:37:24 CEST 2008

On Sun, Jun 29, 2008 at 2:21 PM, George N. White III wrote:

> $ ./install-tl -gui -url http://localhost/tlnet/tldev
>
> This worked, and xetex is creating pdf's with letter paper,
> but now context is creating a4 pdf's (perhaps my fault, as
> I put the 2008.06.11 version in texmf-local).

ConTeXt is ignoring most of TeX-live configuration. Even if you enable
Sanskrit hyphenation pattterns in TeX Live, you cannot use them with
ConTeXt without adding support to ConTeXt itself.

If you need letter paper by default and do not want to \setuppapersize
in each document, put
    \setuppapersize[letter][letter]
into cont-usr.tex.

TeX Live doesn't set that for you automatically. One of the reasons
might be that it's much easier to tune such settings in ConTeXt than
it is in LaTeX, though I might be biased :) :) :)

Mojca