[tex-live] Bugs in install-tl for win32

Dan&Jan Luecking luecking at uark.edu
Sun Jun 29 06:33:05 CEST 2008

At 06:35 PM 6/27/2008, you wrote:
>Dan Luecking writes:
>  >    I did not appreciate the fact that the rather inadequate psv
>  >    program was substituted for gsview as the default for opening
>  >    PostScript files. This should never be done without requesting
>  >    permission and it should certainly not be done without informing
>  >    the user.
>
>Dear Dan,
>what do you mean with "the rather inadequate psv program"?
>It's the most powerful PS/PDF viewer I've ever seen.

I didn't test it seriously but, on first opening, its window
is about 1 inch square. One file I viewed showed the page
sideways upon opening. Gsview displayed it properly. Gsview
is also more than just a viewer. Perhaps psview has similar
capabilities, but I don't see any need to learn it.

Things may be different in the non-windows version.

Also gsview is orthogonal to TeXLive. Psview ceased to
work when I removed the TexLive 2008 bin directory from
the path.

Dan Luecking
Fayetteville, Arkansas