[tex-live] TeX Live 2008 testing - problems downloading

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sun Jun 29 02:49:43 CEST 2008

    wgetrc still has tries=2.

Obviously I don't know what you "grabbed", but I changed it to tries=4 a
couple days ago (and that is what is in the install-tl zip/tgz).

    to tries=20 and had success (using Fedora 8 linux) with a minimal
    install in just one try (wish I had done that on Thursday!).

Very interesting.  I had expected that if something failed with a couple
of tries, trying 20 times would simply be a useless waste of time.

karl