[tex-live] texdoc can't find texmf.cnf

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Thu Jun 26 02:41:23 CEST 2008

Reinhard Kotucha scripsit (25.06.2008 23:09)
> Yes and no.  texmf.cnf files are never user-specific and are not
> searched in TEXMFCONFIG.  The only exception is if you set the
> environment variable TEXMFCNF, but I pray for years not to do this
> because it is more confusing than helpful.

Ok, thanks for the precisions.

> A variable in texmf.cnf can be overwritten by an environment variable.
> [...]
> Variables you set in a particular file are *not* overwritten by files
> which are read later.

Yep, and I think those features are really cool. Do you think it is
possible/easy to achieve the same result with a system-wide texdoc.cnf, and a
user-specific texdoc.cnf using your Lua parser? (Sorry, I had to time to look
at it atm, but I'll do very soon.)

Regards,
Manuel.