[tex-live] texdoc can't find texmf.cnf

Greg Gamble gregg at maths.uwa.edu.au
Mon Jun 23 19:32:33 CEST 2008

On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 11:05:54AM +0200, David Kastrup wrote:
> "Greg  Gamble" <gregg at maths.uwa.edu.au> writes:
> > ... There's a nice feature [of xpdf] that I can
> > grab text with the mouse and paste into another document, which I
> > can't seem to do with xdvi.
>
> Huh?  Switch "Modes" to "Text Selection" and then you can do this with
> the mouse.

Wow! ... so it can! Thanks David. I've been using expert mode with xdvi
for so long (and the most recent version on one system I work on only
has xdvi 22.40v from teTeX, which seems to be 6 years old, and as far as
I can see doesn't have that feature), that I missed the development. I'm
glad I chimed in ;-) ... and learned something new.

  Regards,
  Greg Gamble