[tex-live] testing TL'08

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Mon Jun 23 00:38:16 CEST 2008

    A few months ago t was decided to provide vlna executables
    for all platforms.

Executables for all platforms won't help much; I'd have to create some
kind of special infrastructure to make use of them.  What would be
better is to include the sources in the TL source tree, so that it will
get included as part of the regular build.  This wasn't an issue with
the w32 vlna.exe since Windows is handled totally differently than
everything else anyway.

As for Staszek's point of whether they should be included in the first
place ... I don't know.  I guess I don't see any particular harm in it
-- we already include many hundreds of megabytes of language-specific
material (CJK, cbfonts, ...), and surely this is a big plus in general.
So a few language-specific executables, assuming they work with the
existing infrastructure, don't seem like anything exceptional?

Staszek, if you want to include some of your Polish scripts in TL, it's
ok with me.

karl