[tex-live] dvipdfmx source and binary doesn't match ?

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sun Jun 22 19:08:35 CEST 2008

    yes, I've just make a successfully build and can get the binary file
    now. but it look like there are some problems with the 'home-made'
    version of these files ----------- they can't find the latex files
    with kpath. and I don't know how to config it out .

As you've seen, you can't usefully run the binary from the .../inst/bin
location.  Move it to the actual bin location so it can find the TeX
support trees.

No doubt it would be possible to figure out a way to make it find the
trees from .../inst/bin, but I've never tried.

Best,