[tex-live] testing TL'08

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Sun Jun 22 18:16:54 CEST 2008

2008/6/14 Akira Kakuto <kakuto at fuk.kindai.ac.jp>:
> Hi Vladimir,
>
>> * win32 has many differences which don't seem to be dictated by platform
>>   specifics. e.g. why does win32 have vlna.exe? or teckit_compile.exe?
>>   (this is just an example). we have them in the source tree but they
>>   are not installed on unix.  why they are installed on woe32?
>
> I'll remove vlna.exe. I think you had better install teckit_compile
> on Unix.

Sorry for answering after such a long time. I think that removing
vlna.exe will be sad for Czech and Slovak users. This program inserts
nonbreakable spaces after nonsylabic prepositions. Linux users are
able to comple it from sources, most Windows users are not able to
compile it. A few months ago t was decided to provide vlna executables
for all platforms. In the meantime I found a few minutes to finish
documentation and add a license to encxvlna, which is its
implementation in encTeX, and upload it to CTAN.

--
Zdeněk Wagner
http://hroch486.icpf.cas.cz/wagner/