[tex-live] testing TL'08

Heiko Oberdiek oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de
Thu Jun 19 16:20:46 CEST 2008

On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 06:04:29PM -0500, Karl Berry wrote:

>     this script still finds empty directories:
>
>     find . -type d | egrep -v '/\.svn/|/\.svn$' | while read dir; do \
>       test `ls -a "$dir" | egrep -v '^(\.|\.\.|\.svn)$' | wc -l` -eq 0 && echo $dir; done
>
> Ok, thanks for checking (I figured there were more).  Can you please
> remove them?
>
>     BTW, it'd be nice to put Heiko's scripts for consistency checking
>     into the repository, e.g. into Build/tools/ - WDYT?
>
> Build/tools is going away.  We already have the equivalent of some of
> Heiko's scripts in Master/tlpkg/bin.  I'd be happy to have them,
> assuming it's ok with Heiko.  And we can throw on some kind of free
> license, e.g.,
>
> Copyright 2008 Heiko Oberdiek.
> You may freely use, modify and/or distribute this file.
>
> (Or GPLv2+ or whatever.  But something.)
>
> Heiko?

Currently I am working on the script for checking files.

The user interface is a little unclear, e.g.:
* How to find texmf trees/TL root (command line option, ...)?
* What to do with programs that are not part of TL?

Then I want to go back to the script for consistency checking
(unique constraints, empty directories, ...).
* (Of course checks for empty directories are more easy
  without .svn directories -- I am using the rsync method.)
* (The script doesn't include transitive empty directories,
  that are directories that would be empty if empty subdirectories
  would be removed == directories that have only directories
  as descendants.)

Some kind of free licence is fine with me.

As timeline I want to finish the scripts at this weekend.

Yours sincerely
  Heiko <oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de>