[tex-live] language.def

David Kastrup dak at gnu.org
Tue Jun 17 14:24:55 CEST 2008

"Mojca Miklavec" <mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com> writes:

> One more question: does language.def permit setting a different
> minimal and preferred value for hyphenmin? If the values are too high
> during format generation, they probably cannot be lowered, but vice
> versa is possible, if I understood it right?

Glancing over the code in tex.web I guess that lefthyphenmin and
righthyphenmin are not consulted when compiling patterns, but merely
when actually doing hyphenation.

As opposed to hyphenation patterns, hyphenation characters and some
similar variables, lefthyphenmin and righthyphenmin are not even global.

For LuaTeX you would have to ask Taco.

--
David Kastrup