[tex-live] language.def

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Tue Jun 17 12:32:35 CEST 2008

On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 8:19 AM, Norbert Preining wrote:
> On Mo, 16 Jun 2008, Karl Berry wrote:
>>     at this moment you might indeed not need it any more.
>>
>> Right, not needed, so let's leave it out.  (The language=es parameter.)
>
> See other email, please in this case add
>        AddHyphen
> or something similar!

OK. Added. Can someone please check the attached file?
Karl - the languages there are now "properly" listed, in the sense
that none are missing and in the sense that you should not need to add
any other files except for English (ukenglish should be listed under
english in my opinion).

>>     But some other question - it would be nice to know what to put to
>>     those tlpsrc files apart from the execute line.
>>
>> Lots of things, but nothing you need to worry about.  All you need to
>> generate are the execute lines (instead of the .dat's).  Ok?
>
> at least the file from the 'file=' should be there.

OK, but there was another discussion with Karl. We have a completely
new set of files. Now there will be:

* a package called hyph-utf8 taken from SVN repository (OK, I will
submit it to CTAN before that) that will contain:
  a) some sources in source/generic/hyph-utf8/... (whatever - not needed anyway)
  b) some relatively small files in tex/generic/hyph-utf8/loadhyph -
that could (in theory, but is not needed) be all included by default
as well
  c) patterns for languages - not that small anymore, could be split
into multiple packages like they are now

* additionaly, we have:
  d) some old patterns that will be needed
  e) some old patterns that will not be needed, but we want to keep
them on TeX Live

e) is not needed - should it be added to hyphen-legacy or should files
be still installed together with a language? (I would prefer to have
them split, so that people who need them can still install them, while
the rest will not have to bother about old files, and it will also
help to "spread the word" about these new patterns a bit. I have a
feeling that some might start fiddling with old files and wonder why
some changes don't work.) When someone installs everything, the old
files will be there anyway.

Mojca